a day in paradise

 Datura Noir is one of Serge's simpler equations, if you know the formula to solve it. Overlooked by a multitude of "nichers" due to its ostensible mainstream core, it's loved by countless precisely for that characteristic. I see it like the bigger brother in the SL line, as all the attention is directed to the other siblings. Uncle Serge gave us one criminal tuberose and two of the most sinful jasmines ever - À la Nuit and Sarrasin. Among them Datura Noir feels like an exercise of proving how complicated simple can be. 



DN is a treasure for those who learn (to appreciate) its true value. 

I haven't shared this before, but at a certain point in my life, Datura Noir gave me the confidence to not give up on perfume when i was strongly thinking about it - it was the moment i discovered that jaw-dropping jasmine hidden in the tuberose accord that made me realize that i want to continue my olfactive journey and explore and live experiences to lift me up, to tear me apart or to take me down the memory lane. I love to find the dramatic side in a joyful fragrance, its hidden dark secrets, and to embrace them. I like simple but it's more exciting when perfume gets complicated - either viscerally or emotionally. Datura Noir possesses an atypical exotic exuberance constructed around white flowers. A tuberose accord is the central piece everything else was built up around. It's camphoraceous, bitter, milky with green floral facets and sometimes it even feels meaty. Coconut in fragrance usually conveys an exotic / suntan lotion / fruity shampooing scent, here is used to uplift tuberose's creamy facets. Those beautiful fatty aldehydes push into the sweet mandarine and form an apricot aura around its musky petals. DN feels like a day in paradise that got pretty intense.

It is not my favorite fragrance, but it's my cup of tea - a tea that shoots through my veins.

Comentarios

Entradas populares